[NTG-pdftex] making links work in rotated text

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Mar 3 00:14:40 CET 2006

Heiko Oberdiek wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 04:43:17PM +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
>

>> in order to support this properly we need something
>>
>>   \pdfcm set|reset|push|pop num num num num num num
>>
>> the tricky thing is that
>>
>> - pdftex needs to apply the values to the annots dimensions directly
>> (not delayed to shipout)
>> - because sometimes we need to add info to objects (resources, annot
>> dicts) we also need
>>

> Quite impossible, because the final location of the boxes
> is not known before shipout time.

sure, but there could be information stored (the accumulated cm) with
the annotation node that is resolved later (just before the shipout); of
course a problem is that such thingies can be out in boxes and moved around

>>   \pdfcmdimen <dimen> which returns the dimen with the applied current cm
>>

> But why not using the same method that is used for the current
> position? \pdfsavepos, \pdflast(x,y)pos?

something like that indeed

>> so that we can do things like [0 0  \the\pdfcmdimen\wd0 \space
>> \the\pdfcmdimen\ht0] and alike
>>

> In the second run this would be correct then.

hm, for this to work, we need a one-pass solution, since there can be many annotations (btw, positions already can put a big burden on a second pass).