[NTG-pdftex] making links work in rotated text

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Thu Mar 2 20:32:21 CET 2006

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Heiko Oberdiek wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 04:43:17PM +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
> > in order to support this properly we need something
> >
> >   \pdfcm set|reset|push|pop num num num num num num
> >
> > the tricky thing is that
> >
> > - pdftex needs to apply the values to the annots dimensions directly
> > (not delayed to shipout)
> > - because sometimes we need to add info to objects (resources, annot
> > dicts) we also need
>
> Quite impossible, because the final location of the boxes
> is not known before shipout time.
>
> >   \pdfcmdimen <dimen> which returns the dimen with the applied current cm
>
> But why not using the same method that is used for the current
> position? \pdfsavepos, \pdflast(x,y)pos?

in principle similar to letting TeX make nested x/y position transforms
for \pdfsavepos through boxes, one step later xpdf should be able to
resolve nested cm transforms, as it can display ready pages. So if one
somehow feeds the positions of the rectangle corners from TeX into the
page stream, maybe as 4 characters in some special font, perhaps there
is some way that one can get the final transformed rectangle coordinates
from the xpdf display engine? Derek knows for sure...

Regards, Hartmut