[NTG-pdftex] 1.30.7?

Frank Küster frank at debian.org
Fri Jun 30 09:03:41 CEST 2006

Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:

> � wrote:
>> 2006/6/29, George N. White III <aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca>:
>>
>>> Most linux distributions will compile using "--with-system-pnglib" anyway.
>>> In Fedora Core 4 I see;
>>>

>> Same on SuSE 10.1
>>
>> So, no 1.30.7 :-)
>>
> hm, i hope that tex live keeps shipping static binaries,

I guess so, but then texlive has never issued security updates, has it?
I also agree with Taco that security bugs in TeX are mostly not
relevant, while real bugs are.  It's more that distributors want to have
a reputation of fixing security issues promptly (which is in fact
important for server software etc.) and cannot or don't want to
distinguish between important ones and less important ones.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX)