[NTG-pdftex] 1.40.0-beta-20060124

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Wed Jan 25 13:44:48 CET 2006

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 10:22:14AM +0100, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Perhaps I am being an idiot again and have copied something wrongly,
> but I cannot get this one to run. pdf{e,}tex tries to read tex.pool
> instead of pdfetex.pool (and then balks).

src/texk/web2c/texmfmp.h looks suspicious:

| #if defined (pdfeTeX)
| #define TEXMFPOOLNAME "pdfetex.pool"
| #define TEXMFENGINENAME "pdfetex"
| #elif defined (eTeX)
| #define TEXMFPOOLNAME "etex.pool"
| #define TEXMFENGINENAME "etex"
| #elif defined (Omega)
| #define TEXMFPOOLNAME "omega.pool"
| #define TEXMFENGINENAME "omega"
| #elif defined (eOmega)
| #define TEXMFPOOLNAME "eomega.pool"
| #define TEXMFENGINENAME "eomega"
| #elif defined (Aleph)
| #define TEXMFPOOLNAME "aleph.pool"
| #define TEXMFENGINENAME "aleph"
| #else
| #define TEXMFPOOLNAME "tex.pool"
| #define TEXMFENGINENAME "tex"
| #endif

Perhaps "pdfeTeX" is not defined and tex.pool is choosen then.
Also the name of the pool file should be "pdftex.pool" and
"pdftex" for the engine?

> Martin Schröder wrote:
> > http://sarovar.org/download.php/902/pdftex-1.40.0-beta-20060124.tar.bz2
> >
> > - pdfTeX now includes pdfeTeX, i.e. there is no way to make a binary without
> >   eTeX support. Also the sources of TeX, eTeX and pdfTeX have been merged into
> >   one file pdftex.web
> [...]

Also Makefile.in contains both engines pdftex and pdfetex and
references to pdfetexdir, ...

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>