[NTG-pdftex] Flattening the web files

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Wed Jan 18 12:41:40 CET 2006

On 2006-01-18 00:48:26 +0100, Staszek Wawrykiewicz wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:
> > for a while i wondered if calling the binary pdftex would make sense,
> > but then we need to adapt  too many manuals, tools, etc;
>
> Hans, thanks for pointing that. It just means that we have to change
> at least fmtutil.cnf and make some cosmetic changes is some
> documentation. I vote for doing that. It is much more easy
> to explain (especially for the newbees) that pdftex is just an extension
> which incorporates also all etex things.

So the project is pdfTeX.

And the binary is pdftex (current beta has pdfetex)? Changing the
name of the binary back to pdftex will cause confusion, as now
(teTeX 3/TL2005) the binary used is pdfetex (pdfTeX is just a
symlink to pdfetex, changing the binary back to pdfTeX would need
the reversed link).

Best
    Martin
--