[NTG-pdftex] Bug in pdftex. Fixed by attached pdftex.ini.

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Sun Feb 12 15:22:21 CET 2006

On 2006-02-10 23:16:13 -0500, hutch at psfc.mit.edu wrote:
> I had an extensive discussion on comp.text.tex with Heiko Oberdiek, most
> of which is at http://www.codecomments.com/Tex/message784423.html

ANOTHER forum. :-(

Is it so difficult to follow the instructions in the pdfTeX
REDAME?

Please, file a bug for this at sarovar; this will allow us to
archive this discussion (\mag et.al) once.

Please see also
    http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-pdftex/2004-April/000487.html
    http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-pdftex/2004-April/000488.html
    http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-pdftex/2004-April/000489.html
    http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-pdftex/2004-April/000492.html

I think I understand your problem, but the pdfTeX team thinks
that the current behaviour of pdfTeX (as it was up to 0.13d and
is since 1.20a) is the correct one.

Changing pdftex.ini should be done by the maintainers of TeX
distribution (e.g. teTeX, MikTeX etc.); but that would probably
break compatibility with newer documents.

Best
    Martin
--
                    http://www.tm.oneiros.de