[NTG-pdftex] \pdffontattr in pdftex-1.40.0-rc4

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Dec 29 03:31:16 CET 2006

  > Hi Reinhard,
  >> it seems that you don't have cmap.sty in the seach path.

  > I've installed cmap.sty and encountered the same warning.  Thanks
  > very much.

Ok, that's what I expected.  However, the whole thing is even more
confusing.  I installed the test iso image a few hours ago and I don't
get these messages there.

The final question is:

What is in the repository and what is on the disk image?

There are obviously two different versions of pdftex-1.40.0-rc4-2.2.
Whenever I switch from the current (svn repository) version to the
version on the disk image or vice versa I have to re-create the format
files.

Martin and Hartmut sent me patches but before I apply them I'd like to
know which one is the latest release.

Both versions claim to be pdftex-1.40.0-rc4-2.2 but I get different
output from "pdftex --version":

The version in the TeXLive repository (now revision 3005) provides the
lines:

Compiled with libpng 1.2.14; using libpng 1.2.14
Compiled with zlib 1.2.3; using zlib 1.2.3
Compiled with xpdf version 3.01

But I don't see these lines when I run "pdftex --version" using the
disk image.

Regards,
  Reinhard

PS: pdftex-1.40.0-rc4-2.2 is obviously not an official release.  It
seems that the string "-2.2" had been inserted manually.  It is
probably better to delegate this task to the version control tool you
are using.  You do not get so nice numbers like "2.2" then any more
but I think it's much better, though.

When you make an official release you can edit the version number
manually.

Marschnerstr. 25