[NTG-pdftex] \pdffontattr in pdftex-1.40.0-rc4

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Dec 27 23:54:23 CET 2006

Akira, I put my response back to the pdftex developers list because I
think that it is very helpful if the developer who implemented the
message

 "pdfTeX warning (\pdffontattr): font \^^@ has conflicting attributes"

can tell us a bit more about it's meaning.

  > Hi Reinhard,
  >> I'm trying to run the vntex testfiles with the current pdftex
  >> release recently uploaded to the TeXLive repository by Martin.
  >>
  >> Can anybody tell me what the warnings mean?
  >>
  >> pdfTeX warning (\pdffontattr): font \^^@ has conflicting
  >> attributes

  > Can you please tell me the name of the test file if it is in CTAN?

Try ${TEXMF}/doc/generic/vntex/tests/urwvn-test.tex which you already
have installed.  urwvn-test.tex requires other files from the tests
directory.  You do not need the latest version, I did not change the
content of the file.  Recent versions load a .cls file while former
versions loaded a .sty file.  That's all.  There should not be any
differences between the files from TL-2005 and the current files.

  > (I've tested a few vntex tests and I don't have the warning.
  > Maybe I'm testing different files.)

The files had not been changed, I got the messages after I switched
from pdftex-1.30 to pdftex 1.40.

Thank you very much, Akira.

Best regards,
  Reinhard