[NTG-pdftex] [ pdftex-Bugs-712 ] problems with \letterspacefont

noreply at sarovar.org noreply at sarovar.org
Thu Dec 21 17:09:09 CET 2006

Bugs item #712, was opened at 2006-12-12 03:53
You can respond by visiting:
http://sarovar.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=493&aid=712&group_id=106

Category: hz
Group: v1.40.0

Initial Comment:
% Testing the new \letterspacefont, I found:
%
% (1) it's certainly not correct to have the spacing
%     relative to character widths (look at `minimal'!)
% (2) everything's shifted to the right
% (3) when trying to expand the letter-spaced font, I
%     get the warning `font should be expanded before
%     its first use' (even before its first use), and
%     then pdftex segfaults.

\pdfadjustspacing2
\hsize13cm
This is normal text This is normal text
This is normal text This is normal text
This is normal text This is normal text
{\letterspacefont\lspfont=\font 1000
%\pdffontexpand\lspfont 20 20 5 autoexpand % segfault
\lspfont
This isn't normal text This isn't normal text
This isn't normal text This is minimal text}
This is normal text This is normal text
This is normal text
\bye

Comment By: Martin Schröder (oneiros)