[NTG-pdftex] 1.40.0-beta-20060811

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Aug 16 10:50:12 CEST 2006

Hi Martin,

Martin Schröder wrote:

> Please have a look at libs/obsdcompat; it has a bunch of very nice
> (and safe) string functions. And it allows the safe use of the
> __attribute__-feature of gcc.

Since you did some butchering already, would you be willing to
do some more? (i had trouble cross-compiling to windows)

* includes.h
   This loads <pwd.h> and <unistd.h>, but I think they are not
   needed and both give me trouble (pwd.h doesnt exist, and
   the mingw version of unistd.h does not compile under c++)

* strmode.c
   If you do not intend to use strmode(), please remove the
   C file (this is not a string function).

   Otherwise, I have a version that behaves more or less
   predictable for win32 (group and others settings are
   identical to user). I can send you that if desired.

Cheers, Taco