[NTG-pdftex] [ pdftex-Bugs-595 ] PDF picture with Type3 fonts causes unkown XObject "R8"

noreply at sarovar.org noreply at sarovar.org
Wed Aug 9 18:59:07 CEST 2006

Bugs item #595, was opened at 2006-08-09 11:11
You can respond by visiting:
http://sarovar.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=493&aid=595&group_id=106

Category: PDF inclusion
Group: v1.30.0

Initial Comment:
Please have a look at the attached minimal file.  It
just includes a PDF with LaTeX's \includegraphics.  The
result is an illegal PDF accoursing to acroread and
Ghostscript.  acroread speaks on an unknown XObject
called "R8" (I also saw R10 in another case).

The reason is probably the Type3 fonts used in the PDF
graphics.  If I use Type1, everything is fine.