[NTG-pdftex] [ pdftex-Bugs-592 ] TrueType Font can't be embedded

noreply at sarovar.org noreply at sarovar.org
Tue Aug 8 13:08:55 CEST 2006

Bugs item #592, was opened at 2006-08-08 13:08
You can respond by visiting:
http://sarovar.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=493&aid=592&group_id=106

Category: Fonts
Group: v1.30.0

Initial Comment:
I tried to embed a TTF in my PDF document (have done so
before 100s of times, so I know the general proceedings).
However, this is a new MS font (constantia), and
pdf(e)tex doesn't seem to support it.

Excerpt of the log file:

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.30.6-2.2 (MiKTeX 2.5)
entering extended mode
<snip>
[1{psfonts.map}] (ttftest.aux) )
(see the transcript file for additional
information){T1-WGL4.enc}<constani.ttf
Error:  (file constani.ttf): unknown verssion of OS/2
table (0003)
 ==> Fatal error occurred, the output PDF file is not
finished!

>From what I saw so far on the net (for example, at
http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/opentype/index_os2.html
) this is the newest version of the font specification,
and pdf(e)tex does only seem to support fonts using
OS/2-table-versions lower than 3.