[NTG-pdftex] pdfpagebox

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Mon Sep 19 14:57:16 CEST 2005

On 2005-09-15 00:18:01 -0700, Thanh Han The wrote:
> at the moment \pdfforcepagebox overrides the setting given
> by \pdfximage. Isn't this a little bit unlogical that the global
> setting overrides the setting in individual use of
> \pdfximage?

Not when I developed it for ArtCom: Their TeX-system consists of
at least three "bundles":
(1) an application generating TeX code
(2) TeX binaries
(3) texmf tree
Suppose you update (2) and (3) with a new TeX that defaults
\pdfximage to say cropbox (e.g. via a new pdftex.def), but have
an old (1), which still thinks that \pdfximage uses only the
mediabox.

But since ArtCom doesn't want my support anymore and they are
probably the only users of this feature, I don't think it's
needed anymore. They will have to maintain their own fork of
pdfTeX anyway.

> I suggest to change \pdfforcepagebox to \pdfpagebox as a
> global variable indicating which pagebox shoud be used in case
> no pagebox specification is given with a \pdfximage.
> used.

Do it.

Best
    Martin