[NTG-pdftex] useless error message

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Sep 18 20:45:07 CEST 2005

Hi Vladimir,

  RK> That's what I got:
  RK> __________________________________________________________________
  RK> (/ext/TL-src/Master/texmf-vntex/tex/latex/vntex/t5cmr.fd) !
  RK> pdfTeX error (\pdfobj): used while \pdfoutput is not set.
  RK> reserved at a ->immediate pdfobj stream file {reserved at f
  RK> }expandafter xdef csna...  l.100
  RK> \fontencoding\encodingdefault\selectfont
  RK> __________________________________________________________________

  RK> What does "\pdfoutput is not set" want to tell me?

  > the message seems to come from the "cmap" package. please either
  > not use it when running pdftex in DVI mode, or update to current
  > version of the "cmap" package which will not try to use pdf-only
  > features in DVI mode.

thanks for the hint.  I supposed that but was not sure because I made
a few changes at the same time.

  > (current version is available from CTAN:macros/latex/contrib/cmap)

The version I used was from TexLive development which I downloaded a
week ago.  I hope it is updated there already.

I do not want the vntex test files to depend on the latest version of
each external package, thus the code is now

\ifpdf\IfFileExists{cmap.sty}...

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25