[NTG-pdftex] pdfpagebox

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Sep 15 15:32:41 CEST 2005

Heiko Oberdiek wrote:

>Hello,
>
>On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 04:31:18AM -0700, Thanh Han The wrote:
>

>>Another issue is that I am implementing a primitive
>>requrested by Cho, to grab the BBox of an included pdf.
>>

>What's the purpose? The knowledge of width and height is
>important (graphicx, pdfpages, ...). By putting \pdfximage
>into a box these values are easily available (see pdftex.def).
>I would be interested, in which case the exact offset must
>be known.

there are users who want to use pdftex to produce dvi code and use
dvipdfmx to produce the pdf; now that pdftex is the main tex engine, we
need to address both audiences.

(btw, this feature should therefore also work when pdfoutput=0)

usually the numbers returned are directly passed into the special that
dvipdfmx uses for inclusion