[NTG-pdftex] Re: chofs wishes

Thanh Han The hanthethanh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 18:08:56 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am looking at what Hans was talking about. Before doing
any changes, I would like to ask for explanation of a few
things, as pdf inclusion is the speciality of Martin.

- we have \pdfforcepagebox (\or
  pdfoptionalwaysusepdfpagebox) to force the pagebox being
  use, which can be: (1) media box, (2) crop box, (3) bleed
  box, (4) trim box, and (5) artbox.

- then when a pdf image is included, one can say:
  mediabox|cropbox|bleedbox|trimbox|artbox to specify the
  box being used. The corresponding value are

  @!pdf_pdf_box_spec_media  = 0;
  @!pdf_pdf_box_spec_crop   = 1;
  @!pdf_pdf_box_spec_bleed  = 2;
  @!pdf_pdf_box_spec_trim   = 3;
  @!pdf_pdf_box_spec_art    = 4;

There are 2 points that might be need re-consideration:

1) to use \pdfforcepagebox one has to say the correct
number, which is not that comfortable

2) there is some inconsistency in those above definitions,
which requires more work to handle them in pdftoepdf.cc

Any idea what can be done here?

Thanh