[NTG-pdftex] pdftex-1.30.2 is broken

Thanh Han The hanthethanh at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 17:24:07 CEST 2005

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 01:27:05PM +0200, Martin Schr?der wrote:
> On 2005-08-29 15:38:44 -0700, Thanh Han The wrote:
> > it seems that pdftex-1.30.2 is broken. When I run it on a
> > rather complex document, it couldn't find some files in the
> > current directory or in the standard texmf tree. This
> > doesn't happen with 1.30.0. I am sorry that I cannot send
> > the files to reproduce the bug. The error happens randomly
> > and took me a few hours before I tried to run 1.30.0 against
> > it.
>
> Do you have more details? Has anybody else seen the same
> problems?

Radhakrisnan has experienced the same problem on Mac OSX,
with pdftex binaries built from sources. Plus another guy
with Linux Redhat i386.

I have been gazing at the diff in sources in 1.30.0 and
1.30.2, but couldn't find anything that seem suspicious.

I will try to make some set of log files from kpathsea for
comparison. Maybe Olaf or Karl can find something wrong.

Thanh