[NTG-pdftex] a dream about options

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Tue Nov 15 18:40:56 CET 2005

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Martin  wrote:
>
> > On 2005-11-14 23:36:32 +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
> >
> > > also, with respect to pdf features, it's not so much a big deal to
> > > support them, but given that the pdf ref manual is over 1000, any
> > > interface to features will end up in a configuration mess (many
> > > options, keywords, wierd side tracks, etc);
> >
> > I'm still dreaming about pdf dictionary handling in pdfTeX; this
> > could also be used to handle kv-pairs.
> >
> you mean access to dictionaries (involving parsing) ?

xpdf obviously has these features under the hood, accessible by pdftex.
Problem is to get xpdf parsing a string instead of a file. Bernd Raichle
told me a few months ago that C++ "string-streams" can be used in
principle to feed a string into the parser like a file. But i didn't try
it yet, have not much, if any, C++ experience.

Regards, Hartmut