[NTG-pdftex] Extensions: \pdf$foo or \$foo?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Jun 30 18:12:39 CEST 2005

Heiko Oberdiek wrote:

> Thus if we add \match, then the newsgroups are full of \match
> isn't working if I use chess and pdflatex ... And the people
> would remember, pdfTeX causes problems.

eh .. i can imagine that they are surprised that the primitive \match does not
work, but any package that defines its own will since it overloads the primitive

btw, i suppose that the switch to etex also caused problems for latex then?

anyhow, i have no problem with a prefix, how about:

\ext (extensions) -> \extmatch

they are not pdftex specific (hence no p prefix) and they can as well end up in
jonathan's xetex (i'll discuss it with him when the patches are ready)