[NTG-pdftex] Extensions: \pdf$foo or \$foo?

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Thu Jun 30 12:30:08 CEST 2005

Hi,
at LinuxTag in Karlsruhe I met with Heiko and Hartmut and we
talked about pdfTeX. One point discussed was namespace: Till
lately most new primitives of pdfTeX startet with \pdf (\efcode,
\lpcode and \rpcode are the only exceptions), but now we have
some patches that add primitives that don't start with \pdf
(\leftmarginkern, \rightmarginkern, \elapsedtime, \resettime,
\random). I'm reluctant to use the non-\pdf-namespace and think
it better to stay in \pdf.

Comments?

Best regards
    Martin

PS: One can always \let \pdf$foo to \$foo in *.ini
--
                    http://www.tm.oneiros.de