[NTG-pdftex] [ pdftex-Patches-371 ] Expandable \pdfstrcmp, \pdfescape*, added \pdf(de)escapehex

noreply at sarovar.org noreply at sarovar.org
Tue Jun 21 08:52:34 CEST 2005

http://sarovar.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=495&aid=371&group_id=106

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hello,

the result of last weekend is a patch that
makes \pdfstrcmp (based on Harmut's work)
and the \pdfescape* commands expandable.
Thus \pdflastescaped* are not needed
anymore.
 I could remove the dependency
on a limited buffer by copying the destination
strings directly in the string pool above the
source string.
  Also the patch adds the fixes of bug 369.

Fourth I add \pdfescapehex and \pdfunescapehex
that implements encoding and decoding for
hexadecimal strings:
* Strings can also be given as hex strings in
  angle brackets.
* Safe method to store and read string data to
  auxiliary files without worrying about catcodes,
  unmachted curly braces, ...
* Help in handling UTF-8/Unicode or other hex coding
  stuff.

Patch is applied by
  patch <EscapeDivers.patch
in directory
  src/texk/web2c/pdftexdir

The Makefile needs modifying. After the lines
  $(srcdir)/pdftexdir/tex.pch
the line
  $(srcdir)/pdftexdir/pdfstrcmp.ch
is inserted. This should be done two times for
pdftex and pdfetex.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>