[NTG-pdftex] Version numbering

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Jun 9 09:38:04 CEST 2005

Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

> That means that a release has not automatically to be a bugfix release.
> We can have 1.30 instead of 1.30.0 if \pdftexrevisionnumber=0.

How many releases do we have per year, i.e. we may as well have enough
resolution with those two numbers; currently we don't even use all of them; we
can use the character number (c) as bug fix number, and use the current main
version number as it is (a*100+b); we should be more generous in jumping numbers
(so by now we should have had a.28 and not some 1.22w or so)

Hans

(downloading the 180 MB worldwind 1.3.1.1 installer now, and wondering what the
difference is with my 1.3.1 version)