[NTG-pdftex] pdfoptionpdfminorversion -> pdfminorversion (was: changes in forthcomming release)

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Fri Jul 22 17:41:29 CEST 2005

On 2005-05-18 14:37:31 +0200, Martin Schröder wrote:
> On 2005-05-18 12:53:12 +0200, Hartmut Henkel wrote:
> > On Tue, 17 May 2005, The Thanh Han wrote:
> > > There are still a few pending issues:
> > >
> > > 1) while we are renaming some promitives to be consistent,
> > > would it be better to change the following as well:
>
> How about keeping the old names as well, but undocumenting them
> (and maybe giving a warning if they are used, i.e. deprecating
> them)?
>
> > > pdfoptionpdfminorversion -> pdfminorversion

I've removed the warning for \pdfoptionpdfminorversion and made
\pdfoptionpdfminorversion a simple alias of \pdfminorversion,
because they could not be used both in a document safely:
----------------
\pdfoptionpdfminorversion=4
\pdfminorversion=5
----------------

The code from \pdfoptionpdfminorversion always won (I noticed
this because the manual stayed at 1.5 although the source had a
\pdfminorversion=3). The reason is this code:
----------------
@p procedure check_pdfminorversion;
begin
    if not pdf_minor_version_written then begin
        if pdf_option_pdf_minor_version <> 0 then begin
            pdf_warning(0,"Primitive \pdfoptionpdfminorversion is obsolete; use \pdfminorversion instead.",true);
            pdf_minor_version := pdf_option_pdf_minor_version;
        end;

Fixing this properly seems too difficult (and not worth it) to
me. :-{

Best
    Martin
--