[NTG-pdftex] merging pdftex sources into a single master file

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Jul 21 11:21:37 CEST 2005

The Thanh Han wrote:
> Cons: someone has to do the job merging pdftex with other
> extensions like etex, enctex or mltex.

Most of the change files I create provide non-pdf specific
functionality (it's more like some sort of e-pdftex).

I'm willing to maintain a single change file that has the
combined functionality of etex and the other non-pdf specific
extensions.

So, assuming there would be this:

    pdftex       epdftex        web2c (+enctex&mltex)

    pdftex.web                + pdftex.ch  == pdftex
    pdftex.web + etexpdf.ch   + pdfetex.ch == pdfetex

then I would be responsible for "etexpdf.ch".

That leaves the system change files. I guess Martin takes
care of that set of changes at the moment?

Greetings,
Taco