[NTG-pdftex] Patch 391: Extending \pdfliteral

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Mon Jul 18 01:41:08 CEST 2005

On 2005-07-18 00:51:34 +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Hartmut Henkel wrote:
> >It seems that Acrobat does not allow grouping q...Q inside BT...ET
> >sections (xpdf tolerates it). There is currently no way to guarantee
> >that a literal text does not end up in a BT...ET section without using
> >the plain \pdfliteral {} mode (without "direct"). But then one has
> >the matrix transform, which precludes grouping; well, here is a funny
> >counter-example:
> q Q deals with the graphic state only (mostly characteristics of line
> drawing, not that this is an excuse for acrobat fo rnot handling them -)

I'm not sure I understand Hartmut correctly: "BT q Q ET" is not
allowed, but "q BT ET Q" is (see Figure 4.1 and Table 4.1 in the
PDF reference: special graphic state operators (q Q cm) are not
allowed in Text objects). Are we talking about "BT q Q ET" or "q
BT ET Q"? The first would be a pdfTeX bug.

Best
    Martin
--
                    http://www.tm.oneiros.de