[NTG-pdftex] \pdfpagesresources?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Jul 3 23:20:50 CEST 2005

Pawel Jackowski wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> what do you think about adding \pdfpagesresources primitive toks list?
>
>> Thanh:
>> the answer is simple: nobody ever asked for it, and I don't
>> need it for myself :). If considered it can be added without
>> problems.
>
> I agree we can live without \pdfpagesresources, as well as we could
> without \pdfpagesattr. Hovever, collecting named resources per document
> is much easier than per page. In many cases we don't need different
> /Resources dict for each page and globally assigned (identical)
> \pdfpageresources toks list is unnecessarily written into PDF output
> each time the page is shipped out. It makes a difference for big documents.
>
> Of course one can save some time and space by writing resources as
> objects and storing object rerefences in \pdfpageresources. But to make
> things cool I'd opt to add primitive \pdfpagesresources toks list.

i'm not sure if i understand the problem, but as long as adding a top level page
resource does not break individual page resources it's fine with me;

i need to check the pdf ref, but do resources in the /Page object overload those
on the /Pages one?; anyhow, the resources entry in a /Page object is required
(with an empty dict refering to the top level one; so, whataver functionality is
added, it may not change the current behaviour

(needs some testing i guess)