[NTG-pdftex] Extensions: \pdf$foo or \$foo?

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Fri Jul 1 23:53:40 CEST 2005

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Hartmut Henkel wrote:
> > maybe one could find a way to enable new primitives, so that they
> > are hidden if not enabled. Maybe removing the primitive name strings
> > from the hash and keeping them somewhere safe until they are
> > required? Like \use\match? A little like in Perl...
>
> I'm pondering on Hans' \primitive\par notion, which is almost the same
> idea. After \let\par\undefined, \primitive\par should still execute a
> \par internal command, so Hans' and your idea seem two facets of the
> same jewel.

yes, difference might be that i meant it in the sense that \use\match
wouldn't execute \match, it would only install it at its destined
position within the hash (if that's possible at all), so that you from
then on can call it by a simple \match. (which gets tricky if in the
meantime a macro with the same name has been defined)

Regards, Hartmut