[NTG-pdftex] Extensions: \pdf$foo or \$foo?

Pawel Jackowski jackos1 at poczta.onet.pl
Fri Jul 1 09:11:13 CEST 2005

Hi,

> Heiko:
> And what about packages, macros that are not released?
> Documents are allowed to contain macro definitions. Thus
> existing documents can break because of added new primitives[...]

Nope, since macros defined in the document will always override the
primitive meaning. The document will NOT crash and won't need a
primitive meaning of the clashed command, since was prepared before the
command was implemented.

Documents could break if some syntax would change but I belive it will
never happen. I can't imagine a situation, where some old document
crashes because of a new primitive redefined in the document.

Pawe/l Jackowski
P.Jackowski at gust.org.pl