[NTG-pdftex] pdfcurpageref -- does it make sense?

The Thanh Han hanthethanh at myrealbox.com
Fri Jan 14 00:41:22 CET 2005

Hi,

I wonder how Hans and other would solve this problem. tex doesn't have a
concept of `current page' while processing the input token list. The
page number can be detected reliably only using 2nd pass processing, as
the page where some material ends up is known only at shipping phase.

It is possible to provide a primitive which returns the *next* page object
number, but IMHO it doesn't make any sense.

Thanh