[NTG-pdftex] [ pdftex-Bugs-242 ] Assertion failure when including pdf file without embedded fonts

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Fri Jan 7 11:25:59 CET 2005

Hi Thanh,

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, The Thanh Han wrote:

> formerly both "foo.pfb" and "!foo.pfb" were possible, but they had
> different meaning: "foo.pfb" means "read the font file to extract all
> parameters but do not embed it" while "!foo.pfb" means "don't read
> anything", and the font descriptor is not created.

> I think we should drop "!foo.pfb".

you already had dropped it, only i put it in again, and incompletely,
only the scanning. I really shouldn't have done this, sorry. Hope it's
of limited trouble. Now that 1.20b is out, what quickly can be done is
removing the '!' case from the manual.

Regards, Hartmut

P. S. i shuffled the code a bit in this area of mapfile.c to separate
.enc and fontfile flags handling, hope that this was ok.