[NTG-pdftex] bug?

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Thu Jan 6 13:16:53 CET 2005

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Hans Hagen wrote:

> > In my interpretation of the spec this is perfectly legal; the stream
> > has an extra newline. :-) If you have a simple test case, please
> > file a bug report at sarovar (attach the source and the pdf please).
>
> sure, but it looks horrible on the pdftex manual's frontpage -)

damn horrible indeed :-)

> so ... maybe hartmut sees it as a challenge -)

:-) Maybe reason is that some time ago i asked Thanh to put endstreams
at start of lines, just for better legibility. But as the things before
endstream have different origins, to make it really clean one would
maybe have to check whether the character before already was a 0x0a.
Anyway, yes, it seems to be legal.

Regards, Hartmut