[NTG-pdftex] [ pdftex-Patches-416 ] new primitive pdflastlink

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Tue Dec 6 09:19:09 CET 2005

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 12:49:27AM +0100, Martin Schröder wrote:

> On 2005-08-19 13:12:20 +0530, noreply at sarovar.org wrote:
> > This patch implements a new primitive \pdflastlink
> > (analogous to \pdflastannot) which returns the object
> > number of the last object created with \pdfstartlink.
>
> I've integrated it without much looking at it. Anybody got an
> opinion?

>From the pdftex mailing list:
| Author: Ralf Utermann
| Subject: PDF forms (revisited)
| [...]
| I have a uploaded a patch (#416) to sarovar which implements
| a \pdflastlink primitive. A simple example using this is
| discussed at  http://www.physik.uni-augsburg.de/~ralfu/pdf-forms/

The thread started with:
| Author: Ralf Utermann
| Subject: hyperref PDF-forms
| Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 16:33:44 +0200
| [...]
| when I use the Form environment from hyperref with pdflatex
| I have problems to build a form with TextFields, where one
| TextField should present a result calculated from the input of
| other TextFields, like:

pdfTeX already makes the object number available for a large range
of commands: \pdfobj, \pdfannot, ...
\pdfstartlink was missing in this list and the object number
is needed, see above. I cannot find a reason for a secret
object number of the object, generated by \pdfstartlink,
thus \pdflastlink fits well in the list of primitives that
return the object number (\pdflastobj, \pdflastannot, ...).

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>