[NTG-pdftex] 1.40.0-alpha-20051205

Pawel Jackowski jackos1 at poczta.onet.pl
Tue Dec 6 00:35:13 CET 2005

Hartmut,

> ok, now it seems that \pdfobj{Hello} does not create a legal PDF object,
> as it's none of the eight types described in the PDF Reference section
> 3.2. E. g., a cross check shows that \pdfobj{false} is ok, a boolean
> value, while \pdfobj{maybe} does not work :-)

My tests show the same. An object
	10 0 obj
	Hello
	endobj
is not correct, but parsers ignores it if don't have to read it. I
opened such a document in Acrobat and tried to save it as PDF1.5 (which
instructs Acrobat to compress objects). Then it complains loudly.

So, in samplepdf I will replace all Hello with <<Hello>>, (Hello),
[Hello] and make a note about the danger.

Thanks,
--
Pawe/l Jackowski
P.Jackowski at gust.org.pl