[NTG-pdftex] 1.40.0-alpha-20051205

Pawel Jackowski jackos1 at poczta.onet.pl
Mon Dec 5 12:46:30 CET 2005

Hi there,

>> I haven't touch this part at all. Has anybody?

Hans:
> (1) maybe clean-up old mpgraph.* files
> (2) maybe your format uses an old supp-pdf (somewhere else in the three)
> with a new context
>
> there has been a change (in metafun) with regards to the amount of
> special things (jump from 1K to 10K) but this is (if i'm right) made in
> an upward compatible way

Agh, trivial problem; cvs checkout with wrong endline characters;
ConTeXt macro crashes on double \n. Sorry for noise. BTW, should I
update supp-*.tex stuff? CVS/samplepdf has version 2004.10.26.

Hartmut:
> ...but it does _not_ work with \pdfobjectstreams=1:
>
> hahe at hahepc2:~/x-sa/samplepdf$ xpdf samplepdf.pdf
> Error (706458): Illegal character <2f> in hex string
> Error (706459): Illegal character <54> in hex string
> Error (706460): Illegal character <79> in hex string
> Error (706461): Illegal character <70> in hex string
> Error (706464): Illegal character <2f> in hex string

So that is something different; my problem was surely because of
endlines. Now I add

	\pdfobjectstreams=1

at the very begining of samplepdf.tex and the output is damaged indeed.
Haven't look inside but crashes on Acrobat and GhostScript while
opening. BUT even with

	\pdfobjectstreams=0 % or simply commented

the output crashes on GhostScript. Acrobat complains but manage to fix
the problem. Tested on 1.40.0-alpha compiled with Cygwin.

BR,
--
Pawe/l Jackowski
P.Jackowski at gust.org.pl