[NTG-pdftex] pdftex -ini

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Sep 9 00:18:52 CEST 2004

    > Actually also this can be solved, if one puts the fix_pdfoutput
    > also at the begin of the format \dump function, and into the
    > final cleanup. Then when a format is dumped, you also get the
    > right message, and if nothing is done (as in your example), you
    > also get it. This is simple, since fix_pdfoutput is executing
    > only once. But i haven't tried it.

It's nice to hear that it is not too difficult to accomplish this.

But it's more important to avoid messages like this:

$ pdftex '\relax\pdfoutput=0  abc \bye'
This is pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.20a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.3)
output format initialized to PDF

This might confuse people.  And I hope that someone can fix this
before TexLive is released.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25