[NTG-pdftex] pdfetex rc7.2 char protrusion

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Sep 3 11:21:34 CEST 2004

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 00:48:14 +0200 (CEST), Hartmut wrote:

> Or is this setup wrong? Only thing i found out is that the particular
> line with the manual hyphen ends with a disc_node (type 7), but the
> other lines seem to end with a vlist_node (type 1), whatever that means.

I *think* this happens because TeX essentialyl sees

	mut-\discretionary{}{}{}marsch

There is an almost certainly related comment in the function total_pw()
that says:

*        if (type(r) = disc_node) and
*           (type(p) = disc_node) and
*           (pre_break(p) = null) then
*        { I cannot remember when this case happens but I encountered it once }

but after that discovery, now I am stuck.

--
groeten,

Taco