[NTG-pdftex] src special

The Thanh Han hanthethanh at myrealbox.com
Sat Nov 27 05:10:54 CET 2004

Hi,

the pdfsync' folks are asking for something similar to the src special
extension, but for use with pdf. I asked for Olaf's opinions, and got
the following answer:

> I got the implementation from elsewhere, and IIRC indirectly.  In
> other words, I'm not completely certain at this point where it came
> from and who wrote it.
>
> By the way, do bear in mind that the implementation is buggy (and
> pretty much intrinsically so without a lot of work): there are cases
> where enabling source specials will change the layout of a document.

so it looks that following this trace can introduce new problems. I
would like to learn more about this issue -- does anyone has some ideas
how it should be implemented?

Thanh