[NTG-pdftex] 1.20b-beta-20041119

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Sat Nov 20 01:00:48 CET 2004

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

>   > Ok. I tried it with a tweaked image. The PC did _not_ explode. :-)
>   > This is anyhow used only if there is no resolution info coming
>   > with an image.  If then \pdfimageresolution=0, a resolution value
>   > 72 dpi hardcoded in pdftex.ch is used as last resort. When you say
>   > \pdfimageresolution=1, you obviously get a HUGE image possibly
>   > with some TeX dimension overflow warning.
>
> So 0 is something magic here, like 10000 in TeX, which means
> infinity... I hope that it doesn't confuse people.

Yes it's a special case. Would happen only in combination with special
images missing a resolution info. And like this it has been there for
long time. And you find it in the manual. Should be ok...

But there is some chance of confusion with \pdfimageresolution itself as
it's set most time outside the document (e. g. in the format). So if
this changes, the document would get images with different sizes. Not
very portable.

Regards, Hartmut