[NTG-pdftex] pdftex-1.20b-beta2

The Thanh Han hanthethanh at myrealbox.com
Mon Nov 8 14:43:16 CET 2004

Hi,

pdftex-1.20b-beta2 is available at pdftex.sarovar.org/src

djgpp binaries are also available at pdftex.sarovar.org/djgpp

This version fixes a problem reported by Robert that pdftex crashes when
including a pdf file produced by pdftex with auto expansion on.

Some patches by Hartmut that I forgot to integrate in the previous
version are in now.

There is still one "feature" that I decided to let it as is after a few
days working on it: when a pdf with expanded fonts is being included,
and the same fonts are also expanded in the main document, then those
expanded fonts might be embedded twice. To be more precise: if a
expanded font comes first from the included (ie the pdf figure appears
first in the document), then it will be embedded twice. I didn't like
this much and wanted to make pdftex "smarter", however after playing
with it I came to the conclusion that it cannot be done without
introducing new troubles. Anyway, it doesn't hurt much, IMHO.

Thanh