[NTG-pdftex] (no subject)

Olaf Weber olaf at infovore.xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 1 12:16:33 CET 2004

The Thanh Han writes:

> Hi,
> the cross-compiled djgpp binaries aborted when trying to create some PK
> font (most probably because the font being used doesn't have a
> corresponding entry in the map files). The log file says:

>> Assertion failed at
>> /home/thanh/pdftex/src/thanh/texk/kpathsea/tex-make.c
>> line 5
>> 1: dpi != 0 && bdpi != 0
>> Exiting due to signal SIGABRT

> Does anyone have an idea what to do here? I remember this problem was
> reported sometime ago, but not sure whether anything has been done with
> it. The quick fix seems to disable auto-generating PK fonts with
> cross-compiled DJGPP.

Somehow both the environment variables KPATHSEA_DPI and
MAKETEX_BASE_DPI are not set.  As a result, the kpathsea library
doesn't know which parameters to pass to mktexpk.

It is very likely that MAKETEX_BASE_DPI in particular is what you're
missing.  It is normally set by calling kpse_init_prog().

--
Olaf Weber