[NTG-pdftex] still probelms with inclusion

Hans Hagen pragma@wxs.nl
Fri, 14 May 2004 08:58:11 +0200

At 23:59 13/05/2004, Thomas Esser wrote:
> > The 'old version' of pdftex had problems with including pdf files that
> uses
> > fonts not present on the system (well, my system):
> >
> >   Font \csname\endcsname=uplr8y not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.
>
>What's the point in including a font in a mapfile, if you don't have it?
>I mean, if I put \garbage into a TeX file, I also get an error message.

i put it there because some users asked for it;

also, it's not uncommon in tex distibutions to have tfm/vf files without
accompanying (non free) pfb or ttf files

so, pdftex should ignore entries where a tfm/vf/pfb/ttf/enc file is missing
when handling an inclusion

(even worse, when one replaces a virtual font with a non virtual one and
the doc to be included still has a virtual one, i would not be surprised of
problems showing up as well)

these things happen and i test such things because of user reports -)

Hans