[NTG-pdftex] still probelms with inclusion

The Thanh Han The Thanh Han <hanthethanh@myrealbox.com>
Fri, 14 May 2004 10:21:20 +0700

Hi,

that's the problem we have been discussing about which fm entry to
return for a given base name + slant + extent.

I had some discussion with Hartmut, and it should be feasible to
implement what I suggested in my previous mail:

> For example, we can choose which tfm should be used regard to the
> following checks (in descending priority):
>
> * the tfm has been used (some char from this font has been typeset)
> * the tfm has been loaded (but not used yet)
> * the tfm can be loaded (but not loaded yet)
> * the tfm is present in map files, but cannot be loaded. In this case a
>   dummy tfm can be loaded instead, and warning should be written

if this is implemented, in your example pdftex would check for all fm entry
with the base name 'Palatino-Roman' and select the 'right' one instead
of the first one (uplr8y) as it is doing at the moment.

Thanh