[NTG-pdftex] still probelms with inclusion

Hans Hagen pragma@wxs.nl
Thu, 13 May 2004 23:26:13 +0200

Hi,

The 'old version' of pdftex had problems with including pdf files that uses
fonts not present on the system (well, my system):

   Font \csname\endcsname=uplr8y not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.

the new (djgpp) version still has:

   : invalid font dict type <null>

the last couple of days i switched to map files with FontNames again, but i
regret that move already.

I'm puzzled because i thought that Hartmuts code took care of that.

I need to make a decision: either ship with or without FontName entries in
map files; (i never had problems without them, but since it was mentioned
that inclusion was more efficient with them...)

Is it possible to provide

   \pdfoptionignorefontnames=1

that 'ignores' the font name entries in map files?

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE/POD/CTS