[NTG-pdftex] lookup_fontmap bahaviour [Was: [bug] crash at lookup_fontmap]

Hans Hagen pragma@wxs.nl
Wed, 12 May 2004 11:58:22 +0200

At 11:22 12/05/2004, The Thanh Han wrote:

>At the moment the first one with matching extent and slant is returned.

i'd like the last one to be returned, since later definitions may override
previous ones; (\pdfmapfile, \pdfmapline provide more control, and there's
also the +-= prefixing that hartmut implemented; i hope that this will not
get lost)

>I wonder whether we can narrow this criteria to something more strict.
>For example, we can choose which tfm should be used regard to the
>following checks (in descending priority):
>
>* the tfm has been used (some char from this font has been typeset)
>* the tfm has been loaded (but not used yet)
>* the tfm can be loaded (but not loaded yet)
>* the tfm is present in map files, but cannot be loaded. In this case a
>   dummy tfm can be loaded instead, and warning should be written

what is the purpose of that dummy tfm file?

Hans