[NTG-pdftex] p4 (was: \pdfmapfilemode)

The Thanh Han The Thanh Han <hanthethanh@myrealbox.com>
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:28:42 +0700

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 11:00:01AM +0100, Martin Schr?der wrote:
> On 2004-03-22 15:58:33 +0700, The Thanh Han wrote:
> > PS: Martin, you have some crontab job that automatically updates all pdftex
> > sources files regularly. Is it possible to turn it off? Shall we
>
> The cronjob simply updates the date in the version tag of the
> four files where it currently resides so that the different
> versions of e.g. 1.11c/1.12a/1.20a are marked somehow. It runs at
> Sunday morning (German time).
>
> Do we really need to turn it off?

it would be very helpful, as everytime when I sync my local sources with the p4
sources (using unison), I have to go through *a lot of* different files,
but most of them differ only in the version number of each file and
nothing else. Which means a lot of wasted time and effort.
When we edit and submit only files that have been changed, it will make
our life easier.

Thanh