[NTG-pdftex] pdftex.cfg

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:21:19 +0100

>> On 2004-03-09 22:00:55 +0100, Fabrice Popineau wrote: So we simply
>> drop the cfg?

> How then to set the default pk resolution, if no Type1 fonts are found
> and .pk fonts are to be generated?  E. g. it's 600 dpi at work and
> 1200 dpi at home, all time constant but system dependent. Handled by
> texconfig...

You can completely replace pdftex.cfg with \input pdftexconfig.tex :
\pdfoutput=...
\pdfpkresolution=1200
\pdfimageresolution=...

and these will be dumped into your format.

I agree that the whole tex thing lacks a model for a central
configuration tool. But I don't think it will be solved either by
pdftex.cfg.

Fabrice