[NTG-pdftex] pdftex.cfg

Thomas Esser te@dbs.uni-hannover.de
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:26:42 +0100

> >   map pdftex.map
> >   map +localfonts.map
> How many do?

Well, I don't think that we should try to guess numbers of users of some
features. Let's talk about use-cases and how they can be handled.

One use-case of the config file is to have a copy of it in the local
tree. One can set up additional map files there which also reside in
the local tree.

That way, one can easily replace/upgrade the whole TeX system (keeping
the local tree in place, of course) without having any need to re-enable
the additional map files. I am not afraid of changes, but I'd be not so
happy to loose this functionality completely.

Thomas