[NTG-pdftex] pdftex.cfg

Martin Schröder ms@artcom-gmbh.de
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:04:19 +0100

On 2004-03-10 09:41:12 +0100, Thomas Esser wrote:
> What about sysadmins who currently have
>   map pdftex.map
>   map +localfonts.map

How many do?

> I.e. it used to be easy to make additional map files generally available.
> Should this information now be sumped into the format, too (via
> manipulated .ini files)?

That would be the obvious approach: Everything that can now be
done with pdftex.cfg must then be possible throug commands in the
input.

> Somehow, I feel that we loose something if we drop the config file
> entirely. Can't we just avoid reading pdfoutput from the config file
> (and issue a warning that we ignore the setting from the config file)?

That's an option.

Who needs the cfg anyway?

Best regards
        Martin
--
               Martin Schröder, ms@artcom-gmbh.de
     ArtCom GmbH, Lise-Meitner-Str 5, 28359 Bremen, Germany