[NTG-pdftex] \pdfhorigin / \pdfvorigin broken?

Thomas Esser te@dbs.uni-hannover.de
Tue Jul 6 20:37:49 CEST 2004

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 09:20:45PM +0200, Hartmut Henkel wrote:
> i suppose that in pdftex.ch in the lines
>
> if (pdf_h_origin = 0) and (pdf_v_origin = 0) then begin
>     pdf_h_origin := (one_hundred_inch + 50) div 100;
>     pdf_v_origin := (one_hundred_inch + 50) div 100;
>
> the (pdf_h/v_origin = 0) was planned to check whether pdf_h/v_origin
> have already been set. And this might interfere with the user setting
> \pdfhorigin=0pt.

Yes, I can confirm that. Removing these lines fixes the bug.

> So maybe one could try to add two boolean variables
> like pdf_h/v_origin_set, and check these instead of the pdf_h/v_origin
> values. Not yet tried, just a guess.

Can't this code just go away? I mean we set things up nicely via
pdftexconfig.tex (which gets dumped into our formats) for most people. The
others should know what they are doing...

Thomas