[NTG-pdftex] missing pages

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek@uni-freiburg.de
Mon, 5 Jul 2004 18:29:21 +0200

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 06:12:27PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:

> ah, i thought that -2 would also be set if pdftex had problems with the pdf
> file (xpdf lib error)

Currently such errors are fatal errors. I have not looked into
the sources if recovery from such errors is possible. If yes,
then \pdflastximagepages is a bad choice for signaling such
errors, because only a page can be faulty, the number of
pages can be still correct.
  Perhaps we need a kind of "errno" variable for signaling
errors. Then \pdflastximagepages contains the correct number or
-1 for "unknown". "errno" contains "0" in case of success of
the last operation or a error number (file not found,
corrupted pdf file, invalid page, ...)

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek@uni-freiburg.de>